Parenting Teenagers Effectively: Relationship is The Key
This 8-week course is designed to help you understand, connect and communicate more effectively with your teenager
Parenting teenagers in the 21st century can be really tough!
We want to keep our teenagers safe, we want to support them, and we want to help them to grow into responsible young people.
This course aims to build on the relationship you as a parent/primary carer have with your teenager. It will help you draw out the challenges you face, and facilitate the emergence of ideas which will empower you to solve your own problems with your teenager.
Some of the issues we will be exploring are:
• What is it like to be a teenager in the 21st century?
• ‘Getting through’- reconnecting our relationship with our teenagers
• Positive communication and positive discipline
• Specific difficulties and behaviours
• Understanding drug and alcohol use in young people
Some of the outcomes from the course may be:
• Understanding our teenagers better
• Improvements in our relationship with our teenagers
• Learning tools and techniques that help us connect and communicate effectively
• A reduction in difficulties, behaviours and parental stress
• Parental practices that can promote good outcomes around drugs & alcohol use
Dates: Thursday 11th April - 6th June (8-weeks)
Times: 7.00p.m. to 8.30p.m.
Venue: Killaloe/Ballina Community & Family Resource Centre
light refreshments available
Places are limited. For more details/to register contact – Linda 061 374741 or email@example.com
Welcome to the Killaloe/Ballina Community & Family Resource Centre's website. Here you find all the information about the Centre and the services we deliver.
If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us, you can do so by calling in, by phone or by email.
Mission and Vision
KBFRC aspires to be part of an inclusive and dynamic community where people feel comfortable in seeking and providing help and support to one another and whose members uphold equality for all groups, families and individuals so that opportunities for employment, security, personal growth and good health are open to all.
“Shaping the community, together”.
The Killaloe/Ballina Community & Family Resource Centre aims to achieve its objectives by providing a well-resourced, secure Centre, staffed by a friendly and effective team who will pro-actively support individuals, families and our wider community in an inclusive and professional manner.